fusionexperiment, (Brandon) an excellent rock/shred/fusion-player who had just introduced himself to us here at Infinite Guitar the other day, had asked me to send him a copy of the Tom Quayle transcription I completed in November, 2009. This transcription (for those who never saw it) is a one-minute-and-twenty-four-second segment of the improvisation Tom posted on YouTube of him trying out his (then) new Suhr Standard Custom guitar.
Anyways, I figured I'd re-post that original thread for Brandon, (since currently having difficulty with his website!) and for anyone else who might be interested:
BTW, I did double-check to make sure that my file-hosting hyperlink still worked, so no worries there!
It's official (hopefully!) The long-awaited (sorry about that!) Tom Quayle Suhr Standard Custom Guitar Inprovisation/Solo Transcription and Analysis is FINISHED!!!
Here's the lowdown:
In a nutshell, I used a compressed Winzip file (TQ_BM_Transcription.zip) which contains the ten (12) related files in total which are related to this project:
- Rhythm/Accompaniment Transcription in Finale (.mus) and Adobe (.pdf) formats = 2 files
- Solo/Improv Transcription (Standard Tuning) in Finale (.mus) and Adobe (.pdf) formats = 2 files
- Solo/Improv Transcription (Fourths Tuning) in Finale (.mus) and Adobe (.pdf) formats = 2 files
- Rhythm/Accompaniment Transcription's MIDI Playback in (.mp3) and (.wav) = 2 files
- Solo/Improv Transcription's MIDI Playback in (.mp3) and (.wav) = 2 files
- Theory/Analysis of Improv relative to Accompaniment in Microsoft Word (.doc) = 1 file
- A READ_ME_FIRST file explaining what-to-do and the zip-file's contents (.txt) = 1 file
To access and download the zip-file (and subsequently the aforementioned twelve (12) related-files) to view/read the transcription and the accompanying analysis-notes, simply paste the following link into your address-bar:
NOTE: Once you've been successfully re-directed to the filehosting website, you'll be prompted to "Click Here to START DOWNLOAD" in a "click-icon-box" just below (and to the right a little) of a large-font printout of the zip-file (TQ_BM_Transcription.zip) near the top of the screen.
Once you've successfully downloaded the zip-file (TQ_BM_Transcription.zip), extract the twelve (12) files into a folder you'll be comfortable working in/from, (I'd suggest starting with a new/empty folder) and then (first) read the file titled: IG_READ_ME_FIRST.txt. After reading that, you'll have an idea what your options are, and then you can view/read whichever files meet your needs.
Best of luck with the download guys and ENJOY!!!
Also, feel free to give me your feedback/opinions!!!